Monday, March 12, 2012

Bananas over Banana Bread

I grew up honestly thinking I HATED banana bread. But a few months ago I had some rotten bananas and I thought "oh what the heck..." I googled a recipe and low and behold out came a moist, sweet, delicious concoction! One sniff of that bready-goodness and I couldn't help but have a couple of slices   with butter melted right on top.  I ate that stuff like cake!  Soooo good.

I also learned that apparently banana bread is one of Brandon's favorites!  He lucked out because I probably wouldn't have ever tried it if we didn't have those mushy bananas hanging out on the counter-top.

I've figured it wasn't the banana bread I hated... it was the stale dry banana NUT bread old ladies from church would always give my mom for visiting teaching.  Dreadful stuff. Seriously like cardboard or something. ugh.

But this--- THIS... is GLORIOUS.


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
2 smushed overripe bananas

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175*C) and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2.) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.  
3.) Cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
4.) Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
5.) Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. (Until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.)

Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Slice while still warm and top with butter.

EAT LIKE CAKE!

Happy Baking!


1 comment:

  1. Brendon makes this Butternut-Squash Bread you would DIE for. It's super yummy. It takes a while to cook, but it's usually just a waiting game (like an hour for the squash and another 45 for the actual bread). It's worth the wait and I'll FB you the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete