Friday, March 2, 2012

Sugar Mama

I am many things.  Middle school science teacher, wife, and mother are some of my favorite callings.  I love my life- but it is definitely busy!  Sometimes it's all I can do to sink into bed at the night and stare with tired red eyes at my smartphone's glowing screen.  I lay there sleepily tapping through my facebook newsfeed and an app harboring my most recent vice- Pinterest.

Like so many women across America I find myself ogling over photos of picture-perfect birthday parties and hand-painted vases.  I file these visual inspirations into categories like "Dazzling Desserts" and "Crazy Crafts", but in reality I'm actually filing them all into one big file that should be simply titled "Someday."  Because lets be honest.  Our pins are awesome- we can share all of our "super woman" dreams with our other female friends who in turn "like" and "repin" similar hopes and dreams. We can try our hand at a new recipe every once in a blue moon... but who really has the TIME for all of that?

Not me. 

My husband is in school and the whole "time and a season" for everything currently means it's my time to be in the workplace.  It's hard to prioritize when I'm exhausted- but after a hard day at work with middle school minions, I come home and give some love to my little man and the hubby.  Then finally, I need to find a little "me" time. While lounging, vegging, t.v.  watching and internet surfing are great, I have to admit I feel so much more accomplished actually DOING something.

While I'm excited to think that one day I can be a full-time mom and home-maker, for now I need to be more realistic. For a long time I thought that being realistic meant realizing that I didn't have time to do things and I needed to just be patient.  What I understand now though, is that Pinterest isn't a tool to save ideas for "later".  It's a tool to give me ideas of things I can still do now!  There are a LOT of mom's out there who work, are single parents, military wives, or just generally busy!  Everyone has things that they need to do, but that shouldn't stop us from doing the things we love.

I've decided to take "someday" and turn it into "today".  I've decided to put Pinterest to work!

Every woman needs to feel like superwoman once in awhile. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment