Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hard As Nails

I have four adopted sisters.  I was older when they joined our family so I kind of lucked-out in the sense that I get all the good sisterly-bonding memories without all the not-so-good sisterly-bonding memories. ;)  

One thing I used to always do when I lived at home or when I was at college and I'd come home for long weekends was paint their nails. I'd go crazy with all sorts of fun polka-dot and stripe designs.  Now I see all sorts of crazy nail creations online, and I'm humble enough to admit I do NOT have that kind of skill or patience.  But it is nice to get a little funky and fun once in awhile. 

These pics are from the last nail-painting party I had with my sisters. I painted theirs and then I decided what the heck and gave mine some style too. ;)  At the time I was interning in a 2nd grade classroom so I was pretty much the coolest person around with my blue and silver polka dots and red hearts.



Life is short- it's good to have some fun.

I always get bummed and don't want to paint my nails because they always seem to chip off before I even get a chance to wear them out.  I just heard about a cool new kind of nail polish though from our good friend Sally. Apparently it basically cements your nail-tastic artwork down so it doesn't go anywhere until you take it off with remover.  I think that sounds pretty spiffy. I may have to try it out and send a product review your way.

What are some of your favorite ways to paint your nails?
Do you have a favorite color or do you prefer to leave your nails naked and free?
Do you ever go to a salon or are you a DIY kind of manicurist? 


No comments:

Post a Comment